Welcome Guest... Login?

« BACK Ice Fishing Forum

fishalot

Heated Box Tip Ups

Has anyone tried the new Heated Bite Me Box Tip Ups? Looks like a good concept. Videos on their site look like they are pretty effective tipups.

deertracker

Re: Heated Box Tip Ups

I haven't seen those yet, but here is one I made. I just put a candle in it and the hole stays open in even the coldest weather.
DT

1321498213_1266942069_tipup.jpg

--------------------
"But now I will send for many fishermen," declares the Lord, "and they will catch them. After that I will send for many hunters, and they will hunt them down on every mountain and hill and from the crevices of the rocks.
Jeremiah 16:16

FinHunter

If you don't mind me asking deertracker, how did you go about making the shaft longer?

kruger

Guys on Mille Lacs have been using these for a while, Im sure one of those gurus could help out.

--------------------
If people focused on whats important in life there would be a shortage of fishing rods.

I believe you should always give 99% that way there is always room to get better

Chris Granrud

We used to make them back in high school. Work fine. Need a Uhaul to get gear out on the ice.

deertracker

I didn't. I leave it out of the water so the spool can stay warm and not ice up.
DT

--------------------
"But now I will send for many fishermen," declares the Lord, "and they will catch them. After that I will send for many hunters, and they will hunt them down on every mountain and hill and from the crevices of the rocks.

hunting4walleyes

DT, I would also like to know more about the building process if you don't mind.

It looks like I have one of the most important parts too.

1321538610_CopyofPulleycopy.jpg

deertracker

The original ones my dad and a few of his friends made 30 years ago had the spool out of the box on top. This would ice up. Not an issue with it inside although I still use the others also.
DT

--------------------

FinHunter

Thank you for the info, I will haveto try this when I am out on those really cold days when everything freeze instantly Bring on the ice!

fishalot

Here is a pic of the Bite Me Box Tipups. I like the fact that the flag does not have the spring tension that adds resistance to the bite. Sensitivity is a big deal for walleye and panfish.

1321615535_Crappiepics003.jpg

Fish Plunger

I use the Bite Me Box Tip Up and love it. I use to use the underwater tip ups and got sick of tangled lines, wind trips, and frozen holes. I dont have those problems now and wind up at the end of the day is a breeze! I bought mine online. The cool part was it came completly assembled and ready to fish.
Now when we get a bite we yell BITE ME! It sounds better than flag. Try them.

Copyright In-DepthOutdoors.com, Inc. 2001 - 2014, All Rights Reserved.