Welcome Guest... Login?

« BACK Ice Fishing Forum

jasono00

best jigging rod for ice fishing walleyes???

just woundering what people think the best jigging rods for ice fishing walleyes are and length and action weight?

TravP

Re: best jigging rod for ice fishing walleyes???

I'm gonna have to say a 32" Thorne Brothers Perch Sweetheart with recoil guides.

--------------------
Travis Peterson

OIF Veteran

kruger

I would love one of those thorne rods...but im on a budget and the m or mh st. croix premiers are a great buy! All my walleye ice rods are premiers. Hope this helps

--------------------
If people focused on whats important in life there would be a shortage of fishing rods.

I believe you should always give 99% that way there is always room to get better

wheels2

x2

wheels2

ooops perch sweethart with a bullet.

RyanK

Quote:

I'm gonna have to say a 32" Thorne Brothers Perch Sweetheart with recoil guides.

I agree although I don't have the recoil guides on mine. I wish I did!

Timschmitz

I've found a new favorite custom rod. It's a tuned up customs precision series medium light with recoil guides for about 20$ less than a comparable Thorne bros rod. I've got them in 36"34"&33" all of them have met and exceeded my expectations. The St. Croix premiers are great sticks but once you start using a custom you'll never look back

Pat Howard

Quote:

^^^ THIS ^^^

--------------------
I aim to please, But don't shoot very well.

Matt P

Quote:

I have a 28 and 30, and love them! Even though I don't have recoil guides.

sandmannd

Quote:

That would be my pick.

Joel NelsonAdministrator

If you're going the 32" route, for me, the walleye sweetheart in a medium action with recoil guides would get a slight edge over the perch sweetheart. Both are about as good as it gets, with the walleye sweetheart giving you the ability to fish some larger baits a bit better. Personal preference at this point!

Joel

--------------------
Joel Nelson - Ice Pro Staff
joel.nelson@in-depthoutdoors.com

Icefreak

I started using Proline's Ice Pro rods last year ... I love them ... Graphite over fiberglass construction ... great feel and durability... And a great price.

jbob

Look at the new Fenwick 27" med ice rod very nice rod.

skeeter20

My dad and I each picked up some Frabill Straight Line 27" combos this year and man do we love em. I dont know why they say for panfish? They have a great backbone! People must like them as they are sold out.

--------------------
Corey Jahn
NPAA #523

jasono00

I looked at alot of rods mentioned. Thanks everyone, i ended up choosing the fenwick 27 inch med action rod. I picked up at cabelas. Seems to have nice back bone, and waiting to use it tommorow on mille lacs.

Copyright In-DepthOutdoors.com, Inc. 2001 - 2014, All Rights Reserved.