Welcome Guest... Login?

« BACK ATVs & Snowmobiles

lots of luck

Snowmobile Auger Carrier I built

Well, I have not got out try it out yet, but I had some scrap treated lumber laying around, a snowmobile and a new auger that I have not used yet. My days of dragging stuff onto the ice and sucking wind while I sweat are over. Almost over. Still need that fish trap shelter though. Purchased the Mad Dog Auger accessory from Gander Mountain, sure is sweet, but pricey. Hope this inspires some of you to recreate and improve upon what I did. My real struggle was how to attach to the sled bumper.

Any questions, comments or ideas?

Jason Roberts

1197658959_Image046.jpg1197659017_Image036.jpg1197659061_Image032.jpg1197659095_Image038.jpg
1197659158_Image041.jpg1197659213_Image034.jpg1197659253_Image040.jpg
1197658959_Image046.jpg

big G

Re: Snowmobile Auger Carrier I built

Looks good I picked up a MadDog monday night too...$39.99 @ Cabelas, for the wheeler, I have a little engineering to do too... I have a big box on the rear rack already...

big g

--------------------
big G

You can tell how big a person is, by what it takes to discourage them! "Hooks"

lots of luck

big G,

Thought of an accessory already to add. What if I added a bunch of hooks along the back so I can hang my catch of crappies or sunnies, kind of like a lake michigan charter boat with salmon on the bragging board at the marina. j/k

Kooty

Looks great, but you also need a place to throw the empties since you don't have a clam tub. Get one of those bumper dumper bucket accessories.

--------------------
I was born in the 70's, grew up in 80's, made my mistakes in 90's now I'm just trying to make up for lost time.

John

Jami Ritter

G, I just bought the ice auger mount from Gander the other night, and I put mine on the front rack, and put my box on the back rack. My theory for putting it on the front rack was in case it got loose, i would know before it fell off and I ran it over with the otter....

I'll get a picture this weekend and post it up.

Jami

lots of luck

Kooty you just throw them crushed cans of Grain Belt Premium into the belly pan. You want to keep that center of mass really low. After a case or two she really corners well!

big G

I got two sets of ViseClamps on the front already.. I put the guns and bows in there. I suppose I could take them off, or MAYBE it would fit in between... Post a pic up Jami, and maybe I can get er done

Lotsofluck, just get a bunch of then pinch clips, then you don't have to put holes in their lips, just hang em by the tail !!!

Grain Belt... who drinks that pizz...????

big g

--------------------
big G

You can tell how big a person is, by what it takes to discourage them! "Hooks"

Jami Ritter

G, here is what I came up with. Auger mount on the front, and the box on the back. The auger rode on the front of the wheeler on the trailer from Hastings to Mille and back. While running on the lake, the auger bracket held the auger nice and tight.

The back box is attached with 2 u bolts and a "just in case" ratchet strap. A couple of bungees and the rod case and auger gas can stay right where they should.

Thats what I've come up with so far. Lets see how others have "pimped" their rides!

Jami

1197993607_augermountwheeler.JPG1197993622_wheeler.JPG1197993656_wheelerback.JPG
1197993607_augermountwheeler.JPG

lots of luck

Looks great Jami!! I like to hear that it performed equally well. Have not got to try my setup yet.

Timmy

Here is my set-up for the wheeler. Self-contained with no sled to pull.

Tim

1197998061_Fall2007108.JPG

--------------------
I'd rather be in the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Jami Ritter

Timmy, I like the milk crate with the propane tank in it. I'm thinking I might move the box over all the way to the right hand side, and put a milk crate on the left for the propane tank also!

Jami

Timmy

Jami - That is what I did - and I bolted the milk crate to the box for durability. In the front box I put heater, stool, ice tongs, scooper. In the crate I put tank, thermos, mug. In the rear box goes the marcum, lantern, Cooler, rods, tackle, misc. Behind the front box crossways, I bungee spears, chisel, ice saw, small shovel.......self contained.

Tim

--------------------
I'd rather be in the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

BIRDDOG

...here's a few quick pics of my set up.

The front basket has room for my vex, minnow bucket and other assorted gear under the auger which is carried by the mad dog. The windshied really helps for knocking that wind off and of course the RAM for the H2OC. I really like the kolpin drop basket in the rear, room for my bucket/propane, the white box which I built for my heater/cooker, it also has room for the hose, radio and tin foil roll. Tin foil?? Tin foil works great for under the heater, reflects the heat up so you don't get that lake. On each side of the kolpin is a soft side gear bag, foot pump, plugs, tools, extra auger blades, etc. Really pretty much done now, been working on this setup for the last 2 years. Tow the voyager around. Can't think of ANY other crap I need to haul around!

BIRDDOG

1198113139_P1010215.JPG1198113212_P1010216.JPG1198113267_P1010217.JPG
1198113139_P1010215.JPG

--------------------
FOR BETTER OR WORSE, FISHING AND HUNTING COME FIRST

Bob Carlson

This is the rack that I have on my sled. It was built by a fellow IDA member!!! Alluminum square tubing with hook loops and all!!!

Its a dandy!!!

1198242003_DSC00362.JPG

--------------------
Bob "Bobber" Carlson

You can tell how big a person is, by what it takes to discourage them!
"Hooks"

lots of luck

Bob, Nice Rack!!

bigpike

Great ideas guy's this is something I am looking into, I have a 88' cougar and I am deciding wether it is worth my time and effort to upgrade this machine and tweek it in for ice fishing or sell and upgrade a little, I wouldnt mind reverse, something I don't have now....

Copyright In-DepthOutdoors.com, Inc. 2001 - 2014, All Rights Reserved.