Welcome Guest... Login?

« BACK General Discussion Forum

Shrek

Good family orientated resort on the water?

What are some recommendations for resorts on good waters that fully caters to the family and people of all ages.

Trying to figure out where to take 3 kids ranging from toddler to early teenager and wanting to keep the wife happy too.

I've been told of this place and I think that is where we are going, but would like more input.

Note: Fishing is a bonus and will probably get 1/2 day or 1/4 day in for fishing.

Anyone ever been to Huddles before?
Huddles

--------------------
Wow, that was really scary and if you don't mind me saying, if that don't work, your breath will certainly get the job done.

Bigfife

Re: Good family orientated resort on the water?

I haven't been to many resorts, but I stayed at one called Brookside a couple times. Its just North of Park Rapids on Two Inlets lake. They have a pool, beach, par 3 golf course, mini golf, tennis, arcade, watersports, and decent fishing. They have activities and little tournaments every day. I met this goofy Sliderfishn guy up there and he was nice enough to show me where the crappies hang out.

--------------------
Team Fife Fishing
NPAA #916

trev

I'm thinking of going there with the family in mid-August as well. Seems like a nice place and reasonable rates.

--------------------
Trevor Johnson - Vacationland Resort
Located on Otter Tail Lake... One of MN's Premiere Walleye Lakes!
Ph. 800-495-5826

*Nick*

We stayed up at a place near alexandria, some time ago, I think it was on Mill lake. It was a good time for us, though we didn't have kids then, there were plenty there seeming to have fun.

Here I found it

Quote:

SUN VALLEY RESORT
Owners: Jeff & Lori Carstensen
Mill Lake
10045 State Hwy. 27 W
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 886-5417
Fax: (320) 886-5217
E-mail: sunvaley@rea-alp.com

12 mod. cabins, 30 campsites w/water, electricity & sewer on Mill Lake. Htd. pool, mini golf & tennis. Lg. game room, groceries, bait, boat & pontoon rental & dump station. Picnic tables & fire rings by all campsites & cabins. Directions: from I-94 exit 100, 5 mi. W. on Hwy. 27. Rates from $600-$925/wk. Special rates early spring & fall. V, MC, DI. Open May 1-Oct. 1.

tracking bass

here is a place, never stayed there, but I played hockey with the owner of the place. it looks nice from the web page and there is some great fishing to be had on the lake as well.

shane

http://www.elbowlake.com/

--------------------
there is nothing more thrilling that seeing a kid smile after catching a fish!

BASSlNFUN

I have stayed at Jungle Shores Resort on Big Pine lake and Cozy Cove resort on Marion lake. Both are very family friendly, and the fishing is absolutely excellent! They are only 5-10 minutes from Perham, which is a great town and home of the "World Famous" turtle races every Wednesday in the summer.

--------------------
Work...or Fish?............................DUH!

bigpike

Chetek River Campground is very very cool for kids, lots of planned activity's and stuff to do, google them up and check out there web site, this is family camping at its best, one warning: it is pretty popular and pretty crowded...one other thing they are on the river but there is the Chetek chain just up the road that has great fishing.

moreyes

High Banks Resort on Winnie is a awsome place.

--------------------
Most of my money is spent on fishing, fishing tackle and boats, the rest is wasted......Thanks Kirt Hedquist
NPAA 292 <'((^)){

Sliderfishn

Brookside Resort
Great family resort.
Close to shopping for the wife.
Plenty of things for the kids to do.
Close to Itasca State Park.
Good fishing.

Ron

--------------------
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Copyright In-DepthOutdoors.com, Inc. 2001 - 2014, All Rights Reserved.