Welcome Guest... Login?

« BACK Rock River

Jeff Patrick

May Fishing Reports

Please post May fishing reports here, should be some good ones this month.

--------------------
Fin-tech Tackle Co.
Pure Fishing
Dick Smiths Live Bait & Tackle

lundmann23

Re: May Fishing Reports

Hopefully i start with a good one tomorrow.

Jeff Patrick

Good luck should be a nice day. The sun is always a good thing on the Rock. I'll be at a baseball game, might make it out in the afternoon. Hoop skip and a jump for me.

--------------------
Fin-tech Tackle Co.
Pure Fishing

lundmann23

Well we made it out today. Launched at anchor inn. Started trolling right away to the mouth. Nothing happening so took a ride to another spot. First drift nice 16 in walleye. Ended the day with quite a few nice fish. I'm not gonna say where until the tourney is over but half a crawler on an eigth oz jig was the bait. Biggest probably 5 pounds, released of course. Overall a very fun day with little boat traffic.

Jeff Patrick

WOW 5 pounder that's awesome. I haven't got a 5 pounder all year yet and you come one time and get one. Plus haven't had much to report like you. Looks like they should just send you the money and bragging rights to you and your bro. Glad you had a good outing. I did have a scout out at Newville and he told me a different story. Saw you leave by noon so I thought you weren't catching much. Very cold in the morning usally the fish don't start up until after lunch when it's that colds.

Now for my report, caught around 5 shorts and no keepers. caught some sheepies also which was are big problem with steeling are crawlers. I was getting very frustrated because my bait was getting robbed all the time. I spent more time putting bait on than fishing. I'll have to work on that. Databoy with fishing reports lundmann23 had we better off following him.

--------------------
Fin-tech Tackle Co.
Pure Fishing

Databoy

At least we know where he wasn't and that's where we were! Hmm, let me get this straight... the fish were biting and he was seen leaving at noon but tried trolling first. I bet he had to trailer over to Fort, probably afraid he'd scratch that new boat and ding a prop in the chop. Congrats though, good start and you made it back home.

lundmann23

Man, you guys are hard on me. We left around noon because my wife works sunday evenings, not because the fish weren't biting. We caught a few sheeps and actually found about a 4 inch sheepie in my livewell when we got home. One of the eyes must have spit it out. By the way, the boat handled just fine in the chop.

lundmann23

I need to put the camera in the boat to shut you guys up.

Databoy

You'd save money developing film if you'd just invite us to come along. I use that wife and kids excuse all the time too, unfortunately it's true and believable.

lundmann23

always looking for a fishing partner.

Jeff Patrick

Databoy is booked up until after May 17

Pictures would be nice of your rig and fish when you go out.

Databoy if you go fishing with Lundmann23 before May 17 your Thursday night seat will be replaced with Dale.

Databoy

Ok, I got it. I won't show anyone how we get the big ones drop-shotting 10" power worms in lay downs.

Jeff Patrick

hmm you know that might just work

--------------------
Fin-tech Tackle Co.
Pure Fishing

dennyj4

Hi, Are any of the docks in at the launches? How's the water level? Is it dropping?
Thanks,
Denny

Jeff Patrick

The only dock in right now is downtown Fort and I recommend you not to launch there by yourself unless you want a few dents in that white lund. Water levels are dropping fast. Still at flood stage and no wake. Two more weeks I would say give or take a fews day. But if it rains add another week. Denny maybe you should fish the Ill river this year

--------------------
Fin-tech Tackle Co.
Pure Fishing

dennyj4

Same conditions

James Morgan

Went past the Anchor Inn around 4 on the way to work. Looked like a few showed up to fish. Hope the fishing was great like the weather.

Databoy

It was!

lundmann23

Called John to register for the tournament and have not heard back from him. Is this the guy that runs it? How was the fishing last night? GPS cooridinates for where you guys caught fish.LOL

Databoy

I just called John. He forgot to change the poster. You don't have to pre-register. Just show up starting at 5:30 for breakfast. Registration lasts until the start at 7. He's expecting a much better turnout than last year which was about 20 boats based on the number of calls and expressed interest.

We were where everyone else was on Thursday near Newville, we just worked it differently which turned out to make all the difference and came out with a full bag.

lundmann23

Thanks databoy. May give it a whirl tomorrow afternoon. Would like to go by myself but launching would be a pain in the a$$. Wanna try out my new gulp leeches. Anyone else gonna be out tomorrow?

Jeff Patrick

Lundmann23 how was that pre fishing Saturday. I hope you didn't toss another day away I heard it was a pretty good bite and lots of anglers out prefishing for the tourney next Saturday. It's not me you have to worry about it's the other 40 boats. .

--------------------
Fin-tech Tackle Co.
Pure Fishing

lundmann23

I'm not worried, I catch fish when it counts. Actually I am going tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

lundmann23

are the piers in at the bypass launch. Might go solo tomorrow.

Jeff Patrick

Nope, water still to high. I wouldn't recommend you launching by yourself.

--------------------
Fin-tech Tackle Co.
Pure Fishing

lundmann23

I want to fish but no ones around tomorrow. Anywhere I could launch alone. Saw a guy do it at the anchor in, i'm sure i could do better than him.

campfire

Not a fishing report but us fishermen need to take a stand and not lose any more fishing opportunities in Fort Atkinson....help if you can, thanks...jim

FISHING BAN
PROTEST

WHERE: Fort Atkinson (at the River Walk from pedestrian bridge east to Legion Dugout).

WHEN: Saturday, June 7, 2008. 10:00 a.m.

WHY: The city council voted to ban fishing on public funded land even though the public was greatly opposed.

Warning: Fishing in the area of the protest may subject the individual to a monetary fine. The demonstration is intended to be peaceful and orderly.

The non-profit Rock River-Koshkonong Association (RRKA)* is starting a Legal Fund. The fund will be used to hire a law firm to research the legality of the fishing ban. Donations are welcome. Send donation to:
Rock River-Koshkonong Association
C/O Fishing Ban Legal Fund
PO Box 413
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538
Monies in excess of research fees and legal charges will be used to improve fishing opportunities in Fort Atkinson.

* In past years the Rock River-Koshkonong Association has donated over $200,000.00 to lake and river improvement projects.

Edited by campfire (05/12/08 11:56 AM)

lundmann23

Got out this afternoon, lets just say the bugs were biting better than the walleyes. Caught lots of fish, just no eyes. Should have been in a catfish tourney, probably would have had about 30 pounds worth.

Jeff Patrick

Good to hear you got out, better than being at work.

--------------------
Fin-tech Tackle Co.
Pure Fishing

lundmann23

I agree, see you sat.

Jeff Patrick

Should be lots of fun

--------------------
Fin-tech Tackle Co.
Pure Fishing

Jeff Patrick

Good luck to all Saturday. I'm gunning for you Mike, you better bring your gill pill

--------------------
Fin-tech Tackle Co.
Pure Fishing

lundmann23

its gonna be rough out there, thought you would throw the towel in already.

Jeff Patrick

I told you Mike you should have used the gill pill. I want to thank all that follow me Saturday

Congrads databoy

--------------------
Fin-tech Tackle Co.
Pure Fishing

Jeff Patrick

Ok gang, good news. The dock is finally in at the by-pass and the no wake has been lifted, just make sure you look the dock over for boat dingers and scratchers. Take a walk on the dock and check it out, there are some possible things sticking out that if your not paying attention it could mark your boat other than that it's a pretty good dock. Be safe out there and good luck fishing.

--------------------
Fin-tech Tackle Co.
Pure Fishing

dennyj4

Hi Jeff, Here are a few of the walleyes I did keep today. I caught 8 walleyes today , but only kept 3. I did switch over to the heavier jig tipped with a minnow. I caught all my fish on it. I have get caught up on my yard work the rest of the week end. Good fishing to all, Denny

1211685164_P5240008.JPG

Jeff Patrick

Nice catch Denny

--------------------
Fin-tech Tackle Co.
Pure Fishing

River-bank

Finally got a chance to hit up the river,fished some of my usual shore spots.managed about 20 whitebass,and 6 walleyes,tho 5 of the 6 eyes were about 6in long,lol, one was a legal,but all fish released today,was just out for the fun.

James Morgan

Made it out a couple times this weekend boat traffic was not to bad and fishing was great.
Started out doing some trolling on sunday had 6 keepers and 20 plus shorts. best bait was a #5 ficker shad in firetiger or blue.
Monday we spent the morning dragging jigs. We still had good numbers of fish but the size went down. Finished up with only on keeper and a broken hearted son. Dad botched the net job on a 24+inch fish. He won't forget that for quite some time. Pink jigs with half a crawler did the trick.

Copyright In-DepthOutdoors.com, Inc. 2001 - 2014, All Rights Reserved.