Welcome Guest... Login?

« BACK General Discussion Forum

rdmstr

Costa Lens Color

I am thinking about getting some 580G glasses and was wondering what color would be best to get and why. I am considering the amber, blue and gray lenses.

Ralph Wiggum

Re: Costa Lens Color

What do you want to use them for? I think Costa has a color selector on their site. I have a pair with amber/green mirror and copper/green mirrow--love 'em for site fishing.

--------------------
~Ryan (my name is not really Ralph Wiggum )

Corey Rhymer

Sunglass lens info

Hope this helps, I got my sunglasses in amber.

Bret Clark

Quote:

What do you want to use them for? I think Costa has a color selector on their site. I have a pair with amber/green mirror and copper/green mirrow--love 'em for site fishing.

Which lens do you prefer for fishing stained maybe murky water? I thought I was going to get a pair last year when there was a good post going but, I forgot the recommended color from you guys and the ching got tight
Glad it came up again guys

--------------------
I carry a gun because a cop is to heavy.

Crossin Eyes

I did the green mirror with amber tint on both of the 580G Costas that I just purchased. I really like the definition and color clarity that the green/amber combo create. If you were using them on big, blue water all the time, then the blue mirror/green tint are probably better, but for around here (Minnesota), I couldn't be happier them.

Fishthumper

If you are looking for a sightfishing Lens I'd go with either the Green Mirror or silver Mirror over a amber lens. I have The Green Mirror and they are great for sightfishing and bright sunlight. The Costa Website say's that the Silver Mirror is the best choice for Sightfishing - Don't think you can go wrong either way.

Blackbay

X2

TravP

Silver Mirror here. Worth every penny!

--------------------
Travis Peterson

OIF Veteran

PierBridge

I thought the River guys concurred that the Amber lenses were the most beneficial?

Ralph Wiggum

Amber or copper

Both my amber and copper lenses have a green mirror finish to them.

I do have a pair of Smiths with grey lenses that I like for driving and just hanging out on the water, but the amber and copper lenses are better for seeing below the surface.

--------------------

red89

Is the 580G a glass lens, and if so what is the difference between those, and the ones just labeled glass?

I thought I have heard guys say on here that the glass lens are better because they don't scratch as easily. Any other differences from the polycarbonate and other types?

Ralph Wiggum

There are 580G and 400G. Both are glass. The 580G is a better lens, but the 400G is still a great lens (I have both). They are very scratch resistant. I have some 5 or 6 year old 400G lenses that look like new.

--------------------

Copyright In-DepthOutdoors.com, Inc. 2001 - 2014, All Rights Reserved.