Welcome Guest... Login?

« BACK General Discussion Forum

TBrooks11

Probably a stupid question

Hello, Im looking to hit up red wing tomorrow, but i have a bit of a problem. I dont have a boat. So are there any accessible shore fishing opportunities around the red wing dam area? Thank you

ZITS

Re: Probably a stupid question

You could check the trip swap forums. There was an open seat or two. They may be filled. Worth a shot.

trumar

You could also just show up at Everts with your gear in tow and see if you good catch a ride with someone going out.

As said ,you also post in the trip swap forum.

--------------------
"When it comes to family-Sometimes it not all about fishing" ~Trumar 2009

Tom P.

Everett's big dock has fish all year long around it.

--------------------
Don't expect a warning shot at todays ammo prices.

Do to fiscal constraints the light at the end of the tunnel wil be temporarerly turned off.

Dog2th

You know....
I don't live anywhere near Mpls. But when I read these types of postings, I wish I did. Trip swaps, open seats, catching a ride. All through the IDO brotherhood. Very impressive. That kinda thing doesn't happen every day.

Thanks IDO!

--------------------
...Tact Is For People Who Aren't Witty Enough To Be Sarcastic...

Randy Wieland

Quote:

You know....
I don't live anywhere near Mpls. But when I read these types of postings, I wish I did. Trip swaps, open seats, catching a ride. All through the. IDO brotherhood. Very impressive. That kinda thing doesn't happen every day.

Thanks IDO!

As mentioned, drop a post in the trip swap and maybe kick in a little gas money and I'm sure someone will come through.

Dog - Of all the forums I frequent, I don't think there is a better accumulation of good hearted sportsmen as there is here on IDO. I'm a firm believer in giving back to the sports that have given me so much. Same is true for many more on here.

Next to giving a free trip out for a vet and teaching my daughters, my most rewarding outings have been spur of the moment offerings to a parent/child at a camp ground. We always camp at lakes where I fish. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten up at 5, went to the launch by myself, and there is a mother or father with their child fishing from the dock. A quick conversation and invite to have them out with me for a couple hours of "fun fishing" has lead to some very fond moments. My absolute favorite was a girl I had out in Door County fishing spring smallies. She was about 9 years old and I had her sight fishing bass in about 6 fow. In 2 hours she had easily a dozen nice fish with two over 5. For a girl that never stepped into a boat before, she had her best fishing experience ever. Didn't cost me a thing and I got to see a smile that looked like it stretched from Washington island to Green Bay.
I know I'm not the only one around here that finds a high level of satisfaction in seeing kids succeed!

--------------------
The ONLY thing worse than losing.........IS QUITTING!!!!!!!
Lifetime member Wisconsin Trappers Assoc.

Wade Kuehl

Quote:

Quote:

You know....
I don't live anywhere near Mpls. But when I read these types of postings, I wish I did. Trip swaps, open seats, catching a ride. All through the. IDO brotherhood. Very impressive. That kinda thing doesn't happen every day.

Thanks IDO!

As mentioned, drop a post in the trip swap and maybe kick in a little gas money and I'm sure someone will come through.

Dog - Of all the forums I frequent, I don't think there is a better accumulation of good hearted sportsmen as there is here on IDO. I'm a firm believer in giving back to the sports that have given me so much. Same is true for many more on here.

Next to giving a free trip out for a vet and teaching my daughters, my most rewarding outings have been spur of the moment offerings to a parent/child at a camp ground. We always camp at lakes where I fish. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten up at 5, went to the launch by myself, and there is a mother or father with their child fishing from the dock. A quick conversation and invite to have them out with me for a couple hours of "fun fishing" has lead to some very fond moments. My absolute favorite was a girl I had out in Door County fishing spring smallies. She was about 9 years old and I had her sight fishing bass in about 6 fow. In 2 hours she had easily a dozen nice fish with two over 5. For a girl that never stepped into a boat before, she had her best fishing experience ever. Didn't cost me a thing and I got to see a smile that looked like it stretched from Washington island to Green Bay.
I know I'm not the only one around here that finds a high level of satisfaction in seeing kids succeed!

Great story Randy!

mplspug

I should troll that trip swap thingy for takers sometime.

Of course, if I go out with anyone else, BK will pout.

--------------------
WWMCD? WWRSD?

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
― Albert Einstein

MNCSA #7

Copyright In-DepthOutdoors.com, Inc. 2001 - 2014, All Rights Reserved.