Welcome Guest... Login?
 
 
 « BACK Outdoor Gear Forum

ecnook

Mr. Heater Buddy "FUMES"


I have been FUMED out that last two times out...
I just bought the Model No: MH9BX - Portable Buddy.
I got a nasty headache the first time and just disguarded it...On Saturday I got a headache that I still have today ...

Pounding Tylenol takes the edge off but it's not gone...

Has anyone else had these issues ? I plan to take the unit back...But I was just wondering if I should get another ? Or maybe try the Model No: MH4B - Little Buddy..

I look forward to your input....And I also look forward to getting rid of this 3 day headache

--------------------
Luck is an attitude


Scenic

Re: Mr. Heater Buddy "FUMES"


We just had that problem this weekend as well. I picked up a couple of "New" 1 lb propane tanks that burned like crap and fumed really bad. Then I put in an old bottle that was buried in my truck and it worked great. So it will be hooked up on the hose before we use it again unless we can find some old takes on hand some place.

--------------------
sctackle@paulbunyan.net


big_hunter

Re: Mr. Heater Buddy "FUMES"


dave, is it fumes that are bugging you or the carbon monoxide? make sure you vent your shack some how... i really need to vent the door of my clam for my big buddy. if not, i can create some massive headaches as well.

--------------------
-hunter


JIM C

Re: Mr. Heater Buddy "FUMES"


Buddy heaters are rated for INDOOR use when they are working correctly.

Neither of your heaters are if you are getting a headache from them, and 3 straight days with a headache is carbon monoxide poisoning without question. Do not use it again!

Take the heater back, or if it's an older model, clean out the orifice according to the instructions in your manual and make sure you run a filter or regulated hose if using a bulk tank.

Check it with a CO2 detector before using it in the fish house again.

Jim Carroll NPAA #13


impalapower

Re: Mr. Heater Buddy "FUMES"


Might not be a bad idea to go to the doctor if you've been sick this long. Not sure what they can do about carbon monoxide poisoning, but at least give them a call if you don't go.

Ralph Wiggum

Re: Mr. Heater Buddy "FUMES"


Quote:

Check it with a CO2 detector before using it in the fish house again.




CO, not CO2

--------------------
~Ryan (my name is not really Ralph Wiggum )


ecnook

Re: Mr. Heater Buddy "FUMES"


Got this back from Mr. Heater :

Dear David,

Can you provide the serial number of your heater? With what you have described for ventilation below you should be getting a sufficient supply of fresh air to into the area. It could be the smell of the LP gas burning that is causing the problem for you creating the headache. Sometimes additives are put into LP gas and possibly that may be what you are having a reaction to?

I will gladly exchange the unit for you if you are not satisfied with the heater.

Pam


--------------------
Luck is an attitude


T Ellis

Re: Mr. Heater Buddy "FUMES"


Take her up on her offer and exchange the heater asap would be my recommendation. Sounds like CO poisoning to me based on the symptoms..

--------------------
Faith, Family, Friends & Fishing.


JIM C

Re: Mr. Heater Buddy "FUMES"


Quote:

Quote:

Check it with a CO2 detector before using it in the fish house again.




CO, not CO2




Yeah, CO!


ecnook

Re: Mr. Heater Buddy "FUMES"


This is some Great Customer Service...At No Cost To Me !!

Quote:

Dave,

I have created a call tag for Fedex to pick up your heater. All I need
you to do is put the heater in a box (it can be any box, does not have
to be original) and mark the outside of the box with RMA#. I was
able to schedule a call tag in their system for tomorrow if ok. The one
thing that make me a bit nervous is that with the Christmas holiday,
deliveries tend to be their priority. For the pick up it is not
necessary for you to be home. All you would need to do is put it in the
box, mark the RMA# on the outside of the box and Fedex will have a
label for the box with return information back to our office. Will this
work for you?



Pam West
Director of Customer Response
Direct Dial: 216-588-0858
Toll Free: 800-251-0001 x 858
Fax: 800-321-0552







--------------------
Luck is an attitude


impalapower

Re: Mr. Heater Buddy "FUMES"


Good customer service isn't easy to find these days. Good to hear they are taking care of it for you.

AmWatson

Re: Mr. Heater Buddy "FUMES"


Quote:

Not sure what they can do about carbon monoxide poisoning, but at least give them a call if you don't go.



Acute CO poisoning is simply treated with 100% oxygen therapy or remove yourself from the environment where the CO is at. The increased oxygen level helps to remove the CO from the hemaglobin in the blood where the CO attaches to. This returns the oxygen to normal levels. Once removed from the source of contamination, you will eventually exhale the excess CO from the body. If symptoms persist, it may be wise to call the ER or Urgent Care and talk with a triage nurse who can give you advice on whether you need to come in or not to be checked out.


nater3

Re: Mr. Heater Buddy "FUMES"


A couple of years ago the my propane lantern somehow got turned on in my back seat and leaked a whole can of propane into my truck as I drove to and from work for the next few days. The lantern was in a bag with other supplies so I didn't know what the smell was. It gave me a headache that didn't go away for at least a couple of weeks. Not something I want to repeat.

--------------------
TIP UP!


Copyright In-DepthOutdoors.com, Inc. 2001 - 2014, All Rights Reserved.